Monday, May 23, 2011

Bo Diddley - "We're Gonna Get Married" - Checker,1966

Today's one of my favorites - Bo Diddley.  I'm pretty sure everything this man touched turned to gold, I've really enjoyed all of the records of his I've come upon.  This one's a real stomper of a tune, where Bo reminds all you guitar players out there that rhythm guitar ain't no second fiddle! This song was released towards the end of Bo Diddley's career at Chess, but he shows no signs of slowing down on this wild cut. You may remember this song from my last mix, which featured only songs from the Chess / Checker catalog. Check it out here.
Sporting his trademark guitar
I don't have anything to say about Bo Diddley that hasn't been said a hundred times already. Check the web for details, I thought I'd just share this clip of his most famous (only?) acting cameo from a personal fave, "Trading Places".

And of course, the clip!

No comments:

Post a Comment