Monday, February 22, 2010

I found a bunch of old 45s yesterday, here's the breakdown. Let me know if yer interested in anything!

Stuff Up For Grabs:

The Magic Touch - "Dear Mother" / "A Woman Will Do Wrong" - Falcon's Roost, 1975
Joe Cuba Sextet - "Talk About Luv" / "I'm Insane" - Tico, 1967? (Latin-y proto salsa / boogaloo)
Ray Charles - "Sunshine" / "America The Beutiful" - Crossover, 1976
The Three Sounds - "Love For Sale" / "On Green Dolphin Street" - Blue Note, 1960 (jazz, and in terrible shape)
Executive Suite - "Your Love Is Paradise" / "I'm Leaving This Time" - Babylon, 1974
Fredrick Knight - "I've Been lonely For So Long" / "Lean On Me" - Stax, 1972
Joe Simon - "I Found My Dad" / "Trouble In My Home" - Spring Records, 1972
Moments - "Thanks A Lot" / "My Thing" - Stang, 1972
The Intruders - "Baby I'm Lonley" / "A Love That's Real" - Gamble, 1967
Bloodstone - "Natural High" / "Peter's Jones" - London, 1972
The Delfonics - "Walk Right Up To The Sun" / "Round And Round" - Philly Groove, 1972 (inspiration for the bit in Nas' "If I Ruled The World"?)
Joe Simon - "The Mirror Don't Lie" / "Power Of Love" - Spring Records, 1972
Little Anthony & The Imperials - "I'm Falling In Love With You" / "What Good Am I Without You" - Avco, 1974
The Independents - "I Love you, Yes I Do" / "Leaving Me" - Wand, 1972

Stuff I was planning to keep, but I guess anything is negotiable:

The Persuaders - "Thin Line Between Love & Hate" / "Thigh Spy" - Atco, 1971
The Beginning Of The End - "Funky Nassau Part I & II" - Alston, 1971 (terrible shape, but a classic)
Jimmy "Bo" Horne - "Gimme Some Part I & II" - Alston, 1975
King Floyd - "Groove Me" / "What Our Love Needs" - Chimneyville, 1970
James Brown - "Public Enemy #1-Part 1" / "I Got A Bag Of My Own" - Polydor, 1972
B.B. King - "Never Trust A Woman" / "Worryin' Blues" - ABC Paramount, 1964

No comments:

Post a Comment